We got to visit all of our families over Christmas and New Years. I love that Hubby and my parents live within 10 miles of each other so when we visit we get to see EVERYONE.
One of the people we hung out with was my cute little brother, his wife and kids. During the visit I overheard my bro and his wife discussing a New Years goal that they had set to blog once a week. I, of course, chimed in and ended up setting that goal as well.
I have to report to my SIL. I don’t dare miss a week.
Now you will be tortured by me on a weekly basis! MWA HA HA HA HA!
I have also taken the opportunity to update my blog a bit with a new theme, more pictures, a logo (I’m cool that way), and hopefully a recipe registry soon.
Another one of my resolution is to cook fish once a week. I am not a fish person. Really. It always made me sick growing up.
I’m still learning, but these tacos turned out really well.
3 fillets Rockfish (we found some wild caught at Costco (HUZZAH MAGIC POWERS) But you can use tilapia if it isn’t available)
½ cup cornmeal
½ cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp taco seasoning
½ tsp salt
½ cup milk
Oil to pan fry
- Dry rockfish by patting it with paper towels. Cut into bit sized pieces or strips, however you like it.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, taco seasoning, salt in a shallow dish, like a pie tin. Place milk in a separate bowl.
- Place medium sized frying pan on the stove over medium heat and coat the bottom with oil. (just barely, you don’t want a ton of oil)
- Dredge fish in milk then in the cornmeal coating. Add to hot pan, avoiding overcrowding, and fry until brown on both sides. You might have to do it more than once, adding oil as needed.
- Allow fish to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
Serve on corn tortillas with your choice of toppings.